Tuesday 29 April 2008

New Scottish bouldering film – Elements

I’ve just got the new Scottish bouldering film Elements up on my shop page finally. Pete Murray has been working on this for the past year so It’s great to see it finished. Because of the beauty of the settings and the variety of the rock, Scottish bouldering always leaves quite an impression on you. Pete has tried to explore our connection with the rock and our moves on it, as well as showing off the new venues that are seeing the action right now. There are lots of new faces in the film including Ben Lister and Mike Lee putting up new problems all over the country. You even get to see Ben putting up a new 7c on a Gritstone crag ten minutes from Glasgow!! My own feature is a repeat of a very special boulder problem for me –Deep Breath Font 8a in Glen Nevis. A perfect line I came back to year after year. And when I finally did it, it was effortless!

The philosophy lost me at times although the interview with a Scottish ecologist was entertaining! It was really the pure bouldering footage that I enjoyed in this film. More power to your camcorder Pete.


Climbing Deep Breath Font 8a, Glen Nevis for the Elements film

You can get hold of a copy (with my ebook companion How to Climb Hard Trad as ever free) from my webshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment